Friday, April 29, 2011

Sticks and stones.......

We all heard this growing up for when bullies were bothering us. I learned this week that words can hurt you deep in your soul and shake you off your game. For me those words were........malfunctioning valve.....large hole.......open heart surgery for your 5 month old. Those words hurt me to my core. My baby having a major surgery and being in the hospital for 2 weeks. I think the shock is still wearing off, but I have had my big cry and now I have rationalized the situation.

In my job I see all kinds of issues that kids have. My current frame of mind has me saying at least this can be fixed. He is so little that he will not remember and he will not be affected long term. ACH will be calling next week to schedule his surgery. I am also thankful that we have Children's. They have amazing staff and facilities.

I will keep the blog updated as we know more. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

No comments: